Wednesday, 13 March 2013

ORFA B5 Serum reviews

 I got ORFA B5 Serum as part of my Feb'13 Vellvette box. A cute red pouch with tiny miny crystals which were saying 'please try me first'. I was excited to read what card says about this product and claims an improvement in 24 hours. I started using that very night when I received it. 

Company Says

An intensive hypoallergenic, hydrating, anti-oxidant formula that will refine and smooth lines. It is suitable for all skin types. The Hyaluronic acid holds 100,000 times more moisture content than its weight. This product is suitable for people who suffer from dehydrated skin. Improvement will be seen within 24 hours.    

Ingredients
DEIONIZED WATER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DL PANTHENOL, POLYSORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPAREBEN, GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, CARBORNER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROCTYL EXTRACT, CONEFLOWER EXTRACT, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL

How to use
Can be used on its own (in humid weather) or under your moisturiser. Apply small amount to fingertips and massage lightly onto face and neck. Wait until absorbed before applying more make-up.


Packaging
Sample product so a small  plastic bottle with push button cap. Nothing attractive. 

A transparent liquid texture is running you may say oil like consistency. Smells is citrus. Just 2 drops and I followed instruction and massage on neck and face. Small quantity is enough to cover entire face. It does make my skin felt bit stretched but is light on skin. 
And within second I could feel irritation and slightly burning sensation on my chin and neck. I could not see any difference in morning on my face. I ignored it that might be something. I thought it might take 2-3 days to show results. Next night before going to bed I again used it and this time also I had that same itching feel and run to wash my face. 
I stopped using it for 2 days and then again used it but same irritation continue and I stopped using this one. :-(
I read it can be used after shave by men so I asked my brother if he wants to use it. For me its not a suitable product.

Pros
  • Small Quantity goes long way
  • Moisturizes
Cons
  • Irritation on skin
  • Stretched skin
  • No result seen as claimed within 24 hours
  • Contains parabens
This was a sample product so not sure about price but online price is Rs 3500 for 30ml. I will not use this. May be my skin is sensitive to this product. Have you got this in your Feb'13 box? Do share your feedback.

8 comments:

  1. thanx for the review. Even I got this in my vellvette box , but didn't try it fearing that it will break me out. Now m not going to try it for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dn't want to scared you... you can do a patch test of chin or near near area and see if it works for you.

      Delete
  2. the pouch is cute! haven't tried this yet! good review :)

    xoxo

    chingri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i also got the same and have tried it 4-5 times.. for me i am still trying to understand the product.. after application, it kind of felt quite nice and smooth, something i feel after application of garnier BB cream. it did hydrate my skin. i didnt feel any stretched skin or any kind if irritation. but I dont see any improvement on the skin texture but it does hydrate my skin. so I am still confused as to how worth the product is since this is the first time i am trying a serum on my face. maybe once the bottle is finished i will be better able to judge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your a lucky girl.. its suited your skin... First V-Box, 1st product tried turned out to be dud for me.

      Delete
  4. I got the toner and it broke me out terribly. :(

    Good review Shikha. Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?

    Best,
    Priyanka (The Purplenista)
    www.amazonianbeauty.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and your comment. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...